A series of images of Hamilton and Chatelherault in South Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Hamilton Old Parish Church, dating from 1734. This is the only church designed and built by William Adam. Photographed 5th March 2013.
Hamilton, South Lanarkshire from Chatelherault Country Park
Chatelherault Country Park, Ferniegair, South Lanarkshire - the pictures show the former hunting lodge of the Duke of Hamilton designed by William Adam; also the wooden statues near the building. 24th August 2014.
Hamilton Mausoleum on Doors Open Day, 9th September 2012. This was built for Alexander, 10th Duke of Hamilton (1767 – 1852) as a chapel and family tomb. However, the building began to subside and in 1921, all the members of the Hamilton family interred there were moved to Bent Cemetery in Hamilton. The mausoleum fell 18 ft from the subsidence.
Looking up the inside of Hamilton Mausoleum. 9th September 2012.
South Lanarkshire Council Offices, Almada Street, Hamilton. 9th September 2012.
Hamilton Sheriff Court. 9th September 2012.
The former Post Office in Brandon Street, Hamilton. 5th March 2013.
Douglas Chambers, Keith Street, Hamilton. 5th March 2013.
Misty view across Hamilton. 5th March 2013.
River Avon at Ferniegair looking towards railway bridge, taken from Old Avon Bridge. 24th August 2014.
River Avon at Ferniegair looking towards bridge carrying A72, taken from Old Avon Bridge. 24th August 2014.
Strathclyde Loch (artificial) in Strathclyde Park, Motherwell. Date: 7th Nov 2016