Welcome to DJH Web
2016 Lesmahagow Highland Games. Highland Chieftain Mary Faulds leading Tartan Queen Rowan and her court to the Coronation. 18th June 2016.
Articles on web design and programming
This website has a collection of articles which is of interest to website designers and programmers. Aspects of web design and programming are discussed to show some outline principles and ideas. A larger number of articles show how, using Internet Explorer, HTML and VBScript, stand-alone programs can be developed that rival those produced with Visual Basic.
Examples of websites I have developed are shown on a separate page. I am currently mainly supporting existing clients and not able to undertake new commissions.
Coalburn IOR Pipe Band leading the procession in the 2016 Blackwood and Kirkmuirhill Gala. 11th June 2016.
- Photographs of the Lesmahagow Annual Show on 28th May 2016. Added 17th July 2016.
- A new gallery of photos of Crossford in the Clyde Valley in South Lanarkshire. Added 3rd July 2016.
- Images of Blackwood and Kirkmuirhill Gala, 11th June 2016.
- Pictures of Boghead, near Lesmahagow, 21st April 2016.
- In view of the increasing use of mobile phone and tablets to access the internet, a programme of conversion of all websites to a responsive design has begun. The first two converted are the Clydesdale International and Shires Today magazine website and the Coalburn Heritage Society website in June-July 2015. On the 6th August, the Atomic Spectrometry Updates website was relaunched as a responsive design. On the 16th September, a responsive design for the Lesmahagow Farmers' Society website went live.
- The latest website to be converted to a responsive design is that for Lesmahagow Old Parish Church and Coalburn Parish Church. The changes went live on the 24th October, 2015. This website was more difficult than the previous conversions as it uses a two-tier dropdown menu. The next to be upgraded will be this website.